This lesson will be addressing how practice/business managers (or
compliance offers) need to get their HIPAA house in order as HIPAA is
now fully enforced and the government is not using kid gloves any more.
It will also address major changes under the Omnibus Rule, the Trump
administration, and any other applicable updates for 2022 and beyond.
There are an enormous amount of issues and risks for covered entities
and business associates these days.
I will speak on specific experiences from over 18 years of experience in
working as an outsourced compliance auditor, expert witness on multiple
HIPAA cases, and thoroughly explain how patients are now able to get
cash remedies for wrongful disclosures of private health information.
More importantly, I will show you how to limit those risks by simply taking proactive steps and utilizing best practices.
Why you should Attend
- Omnibus has changed the HIPAA landscape for good!
- This once rarely enforced law has changed and you need to know what's going on!
- Protect your practice or business!
- This day trial attorney poses a higher risk than the Federal government!
- What changes under the Trump administration can we expect?
- State laws are now in place increasing liability for patient remedies!
- What factors might spurn a lawsuit or a HIPAA audit?
- Are you doing these things?
- Why are the Feds enforcing after all these years?
- We will be discussing 2022 changes taking place in Washington with
the Health and Human Services in regards to the enforcement of the HIPAA
laws already on the books as well as some detailed discussions on the
audit process and some current events regarding HIPAA cases (both in
courtrooms and from live audits).
Areas Covered in the Session
- Updates for 2022
- Portable Devices
- New Definition of Protected Health Information
- Real Life Audits and Litigated Cases
- Business Associates and the Increased Burden
- Breach Notification
- Paperwork that Needs to Be Updated
- Risk Factors
Who Will Benefit
- Practice Managers
- Any Business Associates who work with Medical Practices or Hospitals
(i.e. Billing Companies, Transcription Companies, IT Companies,
Answering Services, Home Health, Coders, Attorneys, etc)
- MD's and other Medical Professionals
Brian L Tuttle, CPHIT, CHP, CBRA, Net+, A+, CCNA, MCP is a Certified Professional in Health IT (CPHIT), Certified HIPAA Professional (CHP), Certified Business Resilience Auditor (CBRA) with over 15 years’ experience in Health IT and Compliance Consulting. Mr. Tuttle has worked all of those 15 years with MAG Mutual Healthcare Solutions and is now Senior Compliance Consultant and IT Manager with InGauge Healthcare Solutions (previously named MAG Mutual Healthcare Solutions). Almost all of Brian’s clients are earned by referral with little or no advertising. Brian is well known and highly regarded in medical circles throughout the United States .